Twelve carols, by John Rutter, have been added to ChoirGuides, the choral learning aid created by the team last year. Singers all over the world can use our interactive player to learn their voice parts with ease. You can highlight your voice part so that it stands out against the other parts, and sing along at home while following the music on screen. It’s like standing next to the best singer in your section!
The site also makes it easier to take part in a virtual choir recording: sing along with the accompaniment or hear your own part in your ear while you record your part.
You can now purchase sheet music to go with your ChoirGuides license. If you wish to buy sheet music, up to the number of Guides you purchase, a 26% discount on the ChoirGuides license will be applied at checkout.
The twelve additional pieces, all by John Rutter, and taking the music library to thirty-three pieces altogether, are:
- All bells in paradise
- Angels’ Carol
- Candlelight Carol
- Christmas Lullaby
- Joseph’s Carol
- Mary’s Lullaby
- New Year
- Shepherd’s Pipe Carol
- Star Carol
- The Colours of Christmas
- The Very Best Time of Year
- What sweeter music
The existing music library includes:
- A Clare Benediction (John Rutter)
- A flower remembered (John Rutter)
- A Gaelic Blessing (John Rutter)
- All things bright and beautiful (John Rutter)
- Amazing Grace (arr. John Rutter)
- Ave verum Corpus (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart)
- Be thou my vision (John Rutter)
- Blow, blow, thou winter wind (John Rutter)
- Cantique de Jean Racine (Gabriel Fauré)
- For the beauty of the Earth (John Rutter)
- God be in my head (John Rutter)
- I will sing with the spirit (John Rutter)
- Lead, kindly light (John Rutter)
- Look at the world (John Rutter)
- Look to the day (John Rutter)
- Magical Kingdom (John Rutter)
- Open thou mine eyes (John Rutter)
- The Lord bless you and keep you (John Rutter)
- The Music’s Always There With You (John Rutter)
- When music sounds (John Rutter)
- When the Saints Go Marching In (arr. John Rutter)
Each track has been specially recorded by hand-picked members of the Cambridge Singers and John Rutter himself, with expert accompaniments provided by Royal Choral Society accompanist Richard Pearce, and York Minster’s Assistant Director of Music, Ben Morris. Hear the full ChoirGuides library on our Spotify playlist. Other streaming platforms are available here.
If you already have a ChoirGuides account, simply log in and pick which piece you’d like to learn. Or, if you haven’t yet registered for ChoirGuides, visit choirguides.com to create your free account and try our free demo.